Saturday, July 2, 2011

WOW! It's been a while!

And what accomplishments I have made on my journey!  Today I am 54 pounds lighter than when I began this journey a little over 6 months ago....and I am a Runner!!  Never in my wildest dreams would I have thought that I would be a runner.....the girl that couldn't figure it out...I thought someone had to chase you in order to run...but no more...I can not imagine not running.  It clears my mind and makes me strong.  Almost invinsible!  I love the feeling of accomplishment to go a little farther or a little faster.  I am not fast...and I can't go that far.  I have ran 4.6 miles and my fastest pace is 11.56 but I am a runner...and I am proud!
My bucket list has a few things knocked off of it...did an overnight with my best friend in February and I hope we can do another before the end of the year.  I have done A LOT of new things....the most important being running.  I will go over my bucket list accomplishments more in another post, but today I wanted to write about some things I think about as I run the roads of beautiful Perry County....




10 things I have learned in the past 6 months
1.        You can do anything you set your mind to.
2.       A tenth of a mile is A LOT longer on foot than in a car
3.       There are a lot of UPHILLS in Perry County that you never realize
4.       Shopping in the smaller size sections, isn’t much easier than the “big girls” section-today’s fashions suck (in my opinion anyway)
5.       The saying is true “NOTHING tastes as good as fit feels”
6.       I will not be buying a “big girl” dress for my daughters wedding—I will be one HOT mother of the bride!!
7.       I have nothing but respect for ANYONE who runs
8.       Tennessee has nothing on Perry County....we live in a beautiful part of the world.
9.       You can live without sodas and snackcakes!
10.   I am Strong!
there are lots more but these are the ones that go over and over in my mind as I run along our scenic routes in Perry County....and for sure, you can't be on a run without seeing someone you know and getting a honk/wave....check out our part of the world...it's worth a second look! 
I hope to be able to jump on and update a little more often...thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment