Saturday, January 1, 2011

The New Year

One of the things I wanted to accomplish was to create a blog in the new year.  In doing so, I created a "bucket list" for 2011.  I thought if I could think of 10 things I wanted to accomplish this year and be able to do that I would be proud!   So, here is my bucket list for 2011~

~My Bucket list for 2011~
1. Get healthy-eat right, exercise and get my cholestrol down.
2. Create "me" time.
3. Tell those closest to me how I feel about them more often
4. Get the cabin finished and "move" in.
5. Create a blog-hopefully to help me with #1
6. Get on the river more than once this summer!
7. Go on an overnight trip with "my bestie"
8. Do something I have never done before--not sure what yet?
9. Take my mom somewhere she wouldn't go by herself.
10. Appreciate what I have and don't worry so much about what I don't.

Of course the most important thing that I need to accomplish is #1. 
My cholestrol is high....too high.  I know I am heavy, any one that knows me, knows that.  BUT what has come into my head as of late is that I have never felt "unhealthy" before and I was happy, so my weight only bothered me when I needed to dress up or be with a group of strangers.  I think maybe with the loss of my father last year I have decided that maybe I am not as healthy as I should be (the cholestrol matter just validated my reasoning).  Not that I am sick or "feel" unhealthy...but let's face it people I have a 10 year old!  AND I will probably have grandchildren before she graduates--so I have a lot to get healthy for.  I want to be around for a long time~I have a lot of living to do! 
So if you know me and are reading this, you don't need a lot of background about my life.
  If you don't know me, you will get to through my blogs.  I plan to blog once a week.  I will in my next blog give you some background about me that you may or may not know.  BUT what I need you to know today, whether you know me or you don't~I need your help.  I have been on diets and lost weight before and it is hard, really hard~I love food, but I need to get my mindset and know that I need to eat to live and not live to eat.  So I am looking for some encouragement and maybe just a listening ear.  I am not sure what/how I am going to change my life, I just know that I have to....and that 2011 will be the year that I succeed.  I am putting it in black and white and putting it out there...so now I have to!  Wish me good luck and I will keep you posted!

1 comment:

  1. okay so I have just been informed that a statment in my first blog is not very clear~

    but let's face it people I have a 10 year old! AND I will probably have grandchildren before she graduates--so I have a lot to get healthy for.

    Not only do I have a 10 year old, but a 20 year old....that had better be where the grandchildren come into the picture! Anyway, wanted to clear that up---Jenna is not happy with me!

    ReplyDelete