As I enter week 3 of this wonderful new year, I simply have a lot weighing on my mind this chilly, quiet Sunday morning.
I assisted at a fundraiser last night for one of my classmate's mother. It was a wonderful turnout and everyone seemed to have a great time. And it was a time of joy....for her mother is winning the battle with cancer. Anyone who has ever been touched by this horrible disease knows that memories can spill over at any minute. My mother too has won her battle with cancer. She had an annual visit this week and was given the all clear sign for another year. But you always have that fear that it will not be "all clear" and when you hear that "C" word it is a horrible thing. What a helpless feeling....that is what I remember the most. That is what I felt so deeply when I first found out about my mom. But as for Steph and I---we have mothers that are fighters, and I know that she, just as I, am proud and grateful for that. So for today, we will rejoice and be glad because today is a good day!
This week I will be leaving home on Monday night to attend a quarterly managers meeting in Hoffman Estates, IL (Chicago). I don't think I have ever been as apprehensive about attending a company event as this one. (WELL...maybe the first time ever!). Why? I am sure you are asking---one word, FOOD. I will not be in control as I have been for the past few weeks and that worries me, I can only hope that there will be some good choices available and that I am able to hold strong and make the right ones. I will tell you this, I am going to do my best!
I had another good week and my first weigh in at Weight Watchers was very successful. I lost 3.8 pounds, which wasn't the 4.0 pounds I was looking for, but alas, I am trying to not be so "anal"!!! :) Tuesday is going to be my day when I don't think I will get any exercise in, I am trying to tell myself that running through O'hare will be enough....but on the other hand trying to convince myself that "one day" will be okay. I will hit the fitness room on Wed and Thurs morning at the hotel but Tuesday is my one day, where I don't know if I can make it happen.....but again I am going to do my best!
So, after typing this I am actually feeling a little better, life is hard, but life is good!! I hope anyone reading this has a good week and remember,
" today's moments are tomorrow's memories!"
No comments:
Post a Comment