Sunday, January 9, 2011

Week 1

Now that we are officially through week 1 of 2011; I thought I would share my progress.  I said that I was going to try and update my blog weekly, so here we are go....
I have had a great week, a busy week but a great one!
I really didn't know what my weight was this time last week, but I was weighed at the dr. on 12/20/10...I  started watching what I was eating after Christmas, but started REALLY watching last Sunday. 
Last Sunday, I didn't know what I wanted to do, but I knew I was going to do something and I was going to do it well!!
So I started walking, Sunday I walked outside-2 miles, and EVERY day I have I walked on my Gazelle for 30 minutes!!!  I walked in the mornings, and that is when I like to, that way I am starting out the day with something positive and I have it done and then if I can fit some other exercise in, in the evening that is a bonus!  And I was able to do that 2x this past week! 
On Friday morning I went to Weight Watchers so that I could learn the new program.  My best friend, Julie,  is doing weight watchers too, as is Jennifer (whom I work with), and I have some other friends that have joined too...so I have a great support system.
But here is the BEST news.  When I weighed in on Friday morning, I was pleasantly surprised by what the reading was on the scale.  BUT I didn't know how that scale compared with the one at the Dr's.  So, after the WW meeting, I stopped at the Dr's office and weighed.  THE ARE EXACTLY THE SAME.
So, what does that mean-----it means that I am well on my weigh and I know I am making some Great choices!  I have lost 6 pounds!!!  And I do feel better and I know that just to see the numbers go down, no matter how slowly, I will be able to keep my motivation! 
And I am thinking about other things on my bucket list too...like what do I want to do that I haven't done before...I definately am starting to have some good ideas...and one of them is to go skiing....never done it and think I might like to try.  But that is not my final answer yet....still pondering!!
Thanks for reading and will post again next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment